November 12, 2009

Fresh Pink

Bright pink against white or black gives a fresh impression and it can look gorgeous! It can also be done wrong and that looks just cheap, so beware. There IS such a thing as too much pink, so focus on right portions of each color, less is more.

This is SO girly, a pink room with a black chandelier! Maybe something for a vanity area or a walk-in-closet?

I don't really like the furry rugs I think they look horrible and cheap, but I like the atmosphere, mirror surfaces, some silver and black and a touch of fresh fuchsia.

You can also bring the color to your bedroom with new textiles. Maybe a couple of colorful silk cushions could work..?

...or get a bunch of fresh pink flowers to an otherwise white and simple room. Instant glam and freshness!

9 comments:

  1. is it wrong that it reminds me of strawberry ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuttie: LOL :D That's exactly the danger of such a thing as too much pink, I guess.. Less is more. But, if you like the strawberry ice cream look, go for it gurl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to have more 'autumnal' colors. Too much pink is... too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caraboska: Yes, there's is such a thing as too much pink, but a touch of pink can look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree a touch of pink can look great! My sister made me sick with only buying pink stuff :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Getaway: Ooh I see.. Pink overload? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Does anyone know where this furniture is actually from? I have been looking for a "panel wall" (I think they are called) and I love the one in the background on the right side of the second picture...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous: Hi!
    It's fashion designer Betsey Johnson's home in the picture. I've seen such panel walls and folding screens in Asian furniture stores! You acn try to google them, use words room separator, folding screen or panel wall and you should get lucky... :) Well, good luck!

    ReplyDelete